Key Things A Modern Man Should Have in His Bedroom
January 25, 2019
by Tahlia Peppard
There’s no point in calling yourself a man or an adult if your room still looks like a bomb hit it or resembles something of a student man cave. Once your grow up, you realise that being neat and not having your mother pick up after you becomes somewhat attractive to the opposite sex.
However, for those of you that need some extra help, I am here today to discuss the key things a modern man should have in his bedroom. It’s time to throw out the ‘sexy-girl’ photos, the gaming posters and your superhero bed sheets (as much as I can appreciate them, I don’t think many women do).
- Mind improving books – its time to start looking after yourself and your mind and you can do this simply by having a little bookshelf with some mind improving books.
- Artwork – now I’m not talking about those pictures that mess with your brain, I’m talking about those nice photos of beaches or black and white photos of skyrises. Something that makes your room more you.
- A sound system – it doesn’t need to be a surround-sound system or anything too complex, but something that’s a little better than your iPhone or laptop speaker will do. You can listen to music, the radio or play movies through the speaker a little more clearly.
- Bedding – this is really simple, get some new, soft sheets that reflect the vibe you’re going for. Preferably not white as they get dirty quickly, but grey or black are always a good place to start.
- Personal Photo – we’ve talked about having art-work on your walls, but it’s nice to have a personal photo somewhere in the mix too. Even if it’s just of your beloved dog.
- A table lamp – again, something simple, but something I’d say a lot of people don’t have. If you’re always bumping into some solid surface when the main light goes off, you need one and if you’re going to be doing some reading, it’s handy to have.
- A nightstand – this is just somewhere to put your new lamp and keep your phone on at night. You can put your lose change, water and new books on it too. You may find it more useful that you think.
- A full-length mirror – this may not seem like a lot, especially if you think you’re doing okay with your little mini mirror, but as you grow and get a job, you want to make sure your shirts aren’t crumpled and that you clothes actually match. Your lady guests will also appreciate this.
- A Tray – this may sound weird, but what you’re thinking is probably not what I mean. I mean something that miscellaneous things can go on/in. Your keys, receipts you need, your leap card etc. Make sense now?
- Storage – it doesn’t matter what type, it just matters that your room is clutter free and doesn’t have junk lying around, granted it may be junk you want to keep, but maybe put it storage under your bed and take it out when you need it.
- A TV – this is sort of essential for the modern man. It means no more fighting with your siblings or roommates and it means you can enjoy watching your guilty pleasures without interruption or embarrassment.
- Carpeting – this depends on whether your room is carpeted and what colour it is, but even if it is, it may be good to get something that just finishes your room and leaves your feet feeling soft and comfortable.
There you have it, these are just cues and places for you to start, it will be a slow process, but trust the process. Check out the like of Ikea, Amazon and Freshome for some great products and great ideas.